Tribal god of the Hebrews & Jesus of Nazareth
I don't believe that Jehovah (Yahweh), the tribal god of the Hebrews is God. If there is a God, and I don't know with any certainty that there is, it surely isn't the tribal god of the Hebrews. Their god was a male, who went by several names, such as; Adonai, Jehovah, Yahweh, etc..
Jesus was supposed to be the express image of Yahweh. (Heb. 1:2,3) (2 Cor. 4:4) (Col. 1:15) (John 14:9). Jesus also said he and Yahweh were one. (John 10:30) So, if they are both the same or one, then Jesus would approve of all things listed below of Yahweh.
The following are only 25 reasons I do not believe the Hebrew's tribal god, is the God.
1. A tribal god who would drown all little children because their parents were bad. (Gen. 7)
2 A tribal god who would have a contest with a lesser god (Satan) at the expense of a good man. (Job 1 & 2)
3. A tribal god who would order the stoning death of a man for the offense of gathering fire wood on a rest day. (Num. 15)
4. A tribal god who commanded so-called witches to be killed. (Ex. 22:18)
5. A tribal god who killed everyone in two cities because the MEN were wicked. (Gen. 19)
6. A tribal god who would discriminate against a bastard, or someone who had his genitals damaged. (Deut. 23:1,2)
7. A tribal god who was, supposedly, all knowing, yet commanded a man to offer (kill) one of his sons as a sacrifice, to test him. (Gen. 22)
8. A tribal god who would order the stoning death of a bride because she did not bleed on her wedding night. (Deut. 22:13 - 21)
9. A tribal god who commanded that, if a virgin was raped, she must marry her rapier, and must always remain married to him. (Deut. 22:28,29)
10. A tribal god who created evil. (Isa. 45:7; Amos 3:6)
11. A tribal god who would give a man's wife to another man. (11 Sam. 12:11)
12. A tribal god who commanded the genocide of another tribe of people, for what their ancestors did 450 years before. (1 Sam. 15)
13. A tribal god who deceived his own prophet. (Jer. 20;7)
14. A tribal god who would kill the infant son of someone who had committed adultery, as punishment to the man. (11 Sam. 11)
15. A tribal god who, toying with his people, when asked what tribe should go into battle first, said "Judah," knowing they would lose 22,000 men. They again asked council and were told to go again, which, losing again this time 18,000 men. The third time, after their god was through toying with them, they won. (Judges 20)
16. A tribal god who commanded the death of his tribe's enemies. Total extermination; men, old men, women, old women,. children, infants, all, except the young virgins, who they may divide up among themselves as a spoil of war. (Num. 31)
17. A tribal god who commanded one of his own prophets to go naked for three years. (Isa. 20)
18. A tribal god who cursed a man's grand-son because the man's son looked at his naked body. (Gen. 9:20-29)
19. A tribal god who commanded the stoning death of a man and his entire family, including livestock, for the man's offense. (Josh. 7)
20. A tribal god who killed 70,000 men because their King took a census. (11 Sam. 24)
21. A tribal god, who supposedly had all knowledge, came down to two cities to see for himself how wicked they were, and said, "if not, I will know." (Gen. 18:20,21)
22. A tribal god who would kill 50,070 people simply because, out of curiosity, they looked to see what was inside a box. (1 Sam. 6:19)
23. A tribal god who commanded men who had a nocturnal emission, and menstruates women, and giving birth, as unclean. (Deut. 23:10,11; Lev. 15:19-33; Lev. 12)
24. A tribal god who considered a woman unclean twice as long, after giving birth to a girl as that of a boy. (Lev. 12)
25. A tribal god who ordered a man servant, who got married and had children, when he received his freedom, to leave his wife and children. (Ex. 21:1-6)
These are only 25 reasons I reject the tribal god of the Hebrews, who is only one of many tribal gods, as being the one God.
"When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away
childish things." (1 Cor. 13:11) Bill Henness
Worley June 03, 2019 Ex-minister.org
All rights reserved!